Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Not functional thermostat non-functional
, was on

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****...not functional thermostat non-functional
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: was on vakay....had my tstatg3272 set to about 61 degrees...was gone for 8 days...went up into the office where the thermastat resides...and nothing on it can't turn it on....not a dang thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If battery operated replace batteries. If not check breakers to make sure we have power to air handler. I am about to go eat but will be back shortly.WE will go from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No battery and I checked the breakers first thing. The breaker looked fine, but went ahead and flipped it off/on twice. No luck.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a volt meter so we can do some troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great the one thing I don't have! I suppose I'll have to have a service guy come out.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you look in air handler,furnace to see if maybe there is a small auto type fuse on control board and if it is blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a large box above the air handler, I opened it and couldn't determine if it was blown. It looked ok to me.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Remove panel on air handler itself,This will be a small fuse on board insdie air handler that Iam referring to.

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png