BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My name is ***** *****. I have a Englander pellet stove

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Richard. I have a Englander pellet stove 25-pdvc and it will not start at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The side panels light up and go out right away. will not start at all, does not give blower a chance to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the holiday delay.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

does the board have a constant 120v input? or does the input go away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just noticed you had answered, I will have to check and let you know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm going to say yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have unplugged it and plugged it back in 2 # ***** show up 9 and 9 then go out.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...please do the following and tell me if the response changes

Perform a hard control board reset.

1. Shut off stove, and allow to cool off completely.
2. Unplug stove, and after a few seconds plug back in....within 3-4 seconds, press all 3 bottom buttons at the same time, and let go.
3. "F-5" should appear in the display. Allow the display to go blank.
4. Re-start stove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try, fyi: the stove has not been started yet this year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, my husband had talked to you previously. The stove comes on when it is plugged in. The two nines show up then go out. The stove was not started yet so we do not have to worry about about a hot stove. The two nines show up, I held all three buttons but nothing happened. I do not think my husband checked voltage though. I do not know how to check it so at a loss here.