HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

, I have a Slnt Fin Victory II Gas Boiler and yesterday

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** JA: Thanks...
Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Slnt Fin Victory II Gas Boiler and yesterday the heat went off Dont know much about how to turn on pilot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Can you give me the actual model number? you can find it on the rating tag on the boiler. Also I need to know if you have a standing pilot (lit all the time) or electronic ignition. If you aren't sure go to the gas control valve and tell me what you have for indicators. Is it just ON & OFF or is it ON, OFF & PILOT

VHS-180 EP. I think it's electronic ignition because there are red on and off switches

OK, turn the power off to the boiler wait a minute then turn it back on and tell me what happens. Does the fan run? do you hear a continuous ticking noise from the pilot?

I don't hear any clicking sound from the pilot but there is a hissing

Does the fan run?

Not sure how can one tell if the fan is running

It's pretty obvious. You should be able to hear it. It's unmistakable. I'm talking about the draft fan on the exhaust vent. The exhaust vent starts at the fan. Also check if the pump is running. It can e hard to tell so put a screwdriver handle to your ear and the tip on the pump. If it's running you will hear it spinning

Then no the fan is not running. The pump is also not running

How many zones (thermostats) do you have? do you have a multi-meter?

We have 3. Basement, 1st and 2nd floor

Do you have zone valves or 3 pumps? do you have a multi-meter? further trouble shooting will likely involve voltage testing and you need a meter for that

This is all very new to me so I gone ahead and called a HVAC company to inspect this boiler

Ok, it sounds like your boiler isn't getting a call for heat. So that could be an issue with the zone valve's (if you have them) transformer. When your guy is there ask him to point out the zone valves and anything else he can tell you about your system. The more you know the better able you'll be if you need help in the future

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor