Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a Payne 90 plus furnace. I believe the ignitor is bad

Customer Question

I have a Payne 90 plus furnace. I believe the ignitor is bad but it is hidden behind the gas manifold and air intake. It looks like it simply has clips hold it but even after pulling on it while releasing the clips it doesn't seem to budge. Is there a screw which I cannot see holding it in? If so that scree would be behind the pvc pipe for the air intake. How do I remove this ignitor?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have answered my own question. There appears to be no screw.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Some of these ignitors were just held on by a clip instead of a screw. This one appears to be held on by a spring clip which you should be able to bend away from the ignitor and release the ignitor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I verified that in my second post by getting my phone camera in there. I didn't see a way to cancel my question.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, well glad you got it. Let me know if I can be of any more help.