How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The oil line that feeds the main burner needs changed how do

Customer Question

The oil line that feeds the main burner needs changed how do I do this? Do I have to pull the burner?
This is on a Lennox 08-140-M-1 66-12
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You shouldn't need to pull the burner. The new oil line will connect to the same place as the old line. I'm not really sure what you're asking. You just run new soft copper tubing of the same size and connect it to the same place as the old line at the burner and the tank. The line will need to be protected so you can either buy coated tubing made for this purpose or fish the tubing inside flexible plastic conduit. The fitting must be flared fittings.