Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a American Standard GPH Hydronic Gas System, the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****-I have a American Standard GPH Hydronic Gas System, the circulation pump is very loud on start up. Should we reman, replace?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: System seems to work fine. In recent days the circulation pump has gotten louder on start up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have an old motor/bearing assembly type pump (see pic of red pump (typical) then a noisy start up is probably a sign of an impending failure. If it looks just like the one in the pic then it may be repairable. If you have a cartridge type pump (pic of green pump is typical of the style) then there may just be some debris caught in the pump. Either way it's best to have it checked out before a possible failure.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Cartridge pump pic attached

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I have been called away. If you have any more questions I'll respond when I return. If not then I'd appreciate a favorable rating.