HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a luxaire forced hot air furnace. the furnace will

Customer Question
Customer: I have a luxaire...
Customer: I have a luxaire forced hot air furnace. the furnace will ignite and stay running for about five minute. The flame will then go out and it will try to relight three times before locking out. I replaced the flame sensor to no avail.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really,same thing just happens over and over. Runs for five,flame shuts off,igniter tries to restart it three times ,then get code 7 lockout.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How is the money paid, paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2015
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Can you look up the code legend on your unit and tell me what the 7 flash code means?

Sorry there is a glich in the just answer system. Code seven is system lockout
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I dont think this is going to work. I am waiting for a response and not getting anything. I need to go to bed for work in the morning

Are the burners lighting smoothly all the way across?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer