How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 8443
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My condenser pan is leaking I see a square between the two

Customer Question

My condenser pan is leaking I see a square between the two drain pipes is there a plug for it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.


I need to see a clear, well focused, well lit photo of the area you are talking about.

You can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above, or the attach files link.

We can go from there without a time limit,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u get the image
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the image, it took a while, the internet here had a slow down.

If you can feel threads inside that hole, a 1/2" or 3/4" pipe plug will work, do not over tighten it though, you will crack the plastic... use teflon tape pipe thread sealant.

If there are no threads in the hole, a 1/2 or 3/4" PVC pipe nipple with a cap on it will work. Use PVC glue, then try it for strength in 20 minutes,

We can go from here without any time limits.

Related HVAC Questions