Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman gas furnace model gmpn060-3,serial

Customer Question

Customer: I have a goodman gas furnace model gmpn060-3,serial number-9705003104and my blower wont run. wont run in auto or on position. The furnace will sequence: fume fan,igniter,gasfor approx. 8-10 seconds and quit, no blower. I have checked the blower with direct current and works, the start capacitor is good also, I checked the flame detector and replaced it ,though it was clean. I checked the disk around the heat box and they all have continuity, pressure switch seems fine,my last thought is the board. the furnace sits in my pole barn and gets used very little, been 3 years since used. maybe a surge hit it? Help please...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: blower won trum in auto/on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, either the flame sensor rod is dirty, or the printed circuit board is not recieving the flame signal from the flame sensor rod, locate that, and clean it off with plumbers sand cloth and get back to me with the results.