Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rick. I'm ***** *****, with a gas furnce issue
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Rick. I'm ***** *****, with a gas furnce issue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Natural gas furnace. Pilot is lit and stays lit in ON position. When called for heat, the main burner lights, the gas valve seems to ramp up gas to the burner, and then poof, it goes out after about 5-10 seconds.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model of your furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nordyne M1GC070ABW with a Robertshaw 7200ERCS gas valve
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.