HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Day & Night 376CAV gas burner lights and runs fine but fan

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****. Day &...
Customer: ***** *****. Day & Night 376CAV gas burner lights and runs fine but fan will not come on. burner smells hot so shut heat off and tried fan only but fan still will not run.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can not get fan to turn on after burner lights and fan will not run with switch to fan only
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you can solve it, yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Most likely a bad fan motor or capacitor if it will not run in ON or auto position.Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a volt meter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with control set to fan only, no power is showing on common to black (HI) or red (Lo). I will try with the burner on for 30 sec

Got door switch held in right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the door switch is closed. I do not find "heat" on the board, but did hear the relay click after about 45 seconds
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also hear relay click with turning the circuit breaker on and off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not seeing HEAT or COOL on the board just two relays in the upper rear

Can you attach a pic of your board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have a pic but will take a bit to attach

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the picture help?

Where do fan wires come from? Can not see the here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are the three wires that come in from the top grommet.

Where do they go on board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry but they are behind the red wire from my multi-meter. White goes to center rear. Red and Black go to top rear above the relay

Are they plugging onto the board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are plugged into pins in the board with circuits to the back. the picture should be verticle

OK but you get no voltage between white and red on call for heat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the white plugs in below the lower relay. I get no voltage when control is for fan only, and will try again on call for fan when burner is on for the 30 seconds and fan is set to auto.

If this has worke wired this way in past (although shows different than my 376 manual I suspect relays on board are bad and you will need a board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No voltage when burner relay calls for fan to come on. This board has worked this way since I bought the mobile home 2 1/2 years ago. Do I understand that this may not be the correct board?

That is not the board I show, but Bryant (Who makes day and night)could have changed board in the series at some point. Here is the manual I have. See board on page 8

http://www.mediafire.com/view/jdl524s81627vrh/Bryant_376CAV_Service.pdf

I am about to leave for the evening.Do you want to continue tomorrow?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We can continue tomorrow about 9:00 PST if that will work for you. Did you mean the Figure 12 as page 8?

Yes. Now doing some research I do also show a CESO110057-02 that says it fits your furnace.

This is most likely your problem though is that although you hear the relays click, they are not closing.

https://arnoldservice.com/product/bryant-carrier-furnace-control-circuit-board-ceso110057-02/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually 8:00 PST as I have an appointment at 9:30. Also my wife is disabled and I will need to get some heat going for her. I will buy a milk room heater for her tonight.

I am showing 3 different boards so they must have changed along the way.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/c13-x333736636176/376Cav-Circuit-Board-Timer-Parts

Not sure what time I will get in office tomorrow.Would you like me to open question so other experts may assist if I am not here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The CESO110057-02 looks very similar.
Yes it sounds like leaving the question open would be appropriate.

OK I believe if you get that board it will fix you up.I will check on you tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure where I can get the board in Redding CA tomorrow but I see Amazon may have the same as repair clinic. I may jumper the fan to be sure it works. A check tomorrow would be appropriate.
Thanks

If you are simply told to replace the board based on all the troubleshooting we have already done. please rate my answer so I am accomodated for the time troubleshooting.I am only opting out in case I m not here when you return.Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do

I am in office now.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician