airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Day & Night 376CAV gas burner lights and runs fine but fan

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Day & Night 376CAV gas burner lights and runs fine but fan will not come on. burner smells hot so shut heat off and tried fan only but fan still will not run.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can not get fan to turn on after burner lights and fan will not run with switch to fan only
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you can solve it, yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Most likely a bad fan motor or capacitor if it will not run in ON or auto position.Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

After burners come on within 30 seconds we should get 120v at COM and HEAT terminals on board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with control set to fan only, no power is showing on common to black (HI) or red (Lo). I will try with the burner on for 30 sec
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Got door switch held in right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door switch is closed. I do not find "heat" on the board, but did hear the relay click after about 45 seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also hear relay click with turning the circuit breaker on and off
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

HEAT terminal should be right below COOL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not seeing HEAT or COOL on the board just two relays in the upper rear
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a pic of your board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have a pic but will take a bit to attach
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is comming via attachment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the picture help?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Where do fan wires come from? Can not see the here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are the three wires that come in from the top grommet.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Where do they go on board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry but they are behind the red wire from my multi-meter. White goes to center rear. Red and Black go to top rear above the relay
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are they plugging onto the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are plugged into pins in the board with circuits to the back. the picture should be verticle
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK but you get no voltage between white and red on call for heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the white plugs in below the lower relay. I get no voltage when control is for fan only, and will try again on call for fan when burner is on for the 30 seconds and fan is set to auto.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If this has worke wired this way in past (although shows different than my 376 manual I suspect relays on board are bad and you will need a board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No voltage when burner relay calls for fan to come on. This board has worked this way since I bought the mobile home 2 1/2 years ago. Do I understand that this may not be the correct board?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

That is not the board I show, but Bryant (Who makes day and night)could have changed board in the series at some point. Here is the manual I have. See board on page 8

http://www.mediafire.com/view/jdl524s81627vrh/Bryant_376CAV_Service.pdf

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am about to leave for the evening.Do you want to continue tomorrow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can continue tomorrow about 9:00 PST if that will work for you. Did you mean the Figure 12 as page 8?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Now doing some research I do also show a CESO110057-02 that says it fits your furnace.

This is most likely your problem though is that although you hear the relays click, they are not closing.

https://arnoldservice.com/product/bryant-carrier-furnace-control-circuit-board-ceso110057-02/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually 8:00 PST as I have an appointment at 9:30. Also my wife is disabled and I will need to get some heat going for her. I will buy a milk room heater for her tonight.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am showing 3 different boards so they must have changed along the way.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/c13-x333736636176/376Cav-Circuit-Board-Timer-Parts

Not sure what time I will get in office tomorrow.Would you like me to open question so other experts may assist if I am not here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CESO110057-02 looks very similar.
Yes it sounds like leaving the question open would be appropriate.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK I believe if you get that board it will fix you up.I will check on you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where I can get the board in Redding CA tomorrow but I see Amazon may have the same as repair clinic. I may jumper the fan to be sure it works. A check tomorrow would be appropriate.
Thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you are simply told to replace the board based on all the troubleshooting we have already done. please rate my answer so I am accomodated for the time troubleshooting.I am only opting out in case I m not here when you return.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am in office now.