Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rick my name is marlin. do yo have time now to work on a

Customer Question

Customer: Rick my name is ***** ***** yo have time now to work on a hvac heating problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I have all the wiring schematics too BTW. Carrier HVAC 48KLA124. Johnson controls Ignition Control G600AX-1. Long story short, I am replacing the Control unit with the Honeywell S8610U. Install is completed as directed, but now I have no power past the contactor. I suspect the install manual saying to remove and discard the 24V wire between the transformer and the ignition control. That doesn't make sense to me. And now not even the fan will turn on at the thermostat. There is no power coming into the new control unit either. I think that red 24V wire needs to be installed. What say you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: lets get started .
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wiring diagram 48KLA-321BE-3.jpg is the way my system is wired with the Johnson Controls G600AX-1 Ignition Control.
The wiring diagram of the JC-G600AX-1-3.jpg is a general wiring diagram from the Johnson Control product manual.
The Honeywell S8610U Ignition Control is what I have install per the manufacturers instructions. See page 9 of PDF refer to column under Old Control - None (Y79). Also see sub-note d below table regrading Discard wire btwn transformer and terminal 6 (G600).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to go clean up my tools. If when I come back I haven't heard from you, I'll assume the beginning of this chat was just auto-chat, and no really a person. Since I've already been debited the money from my PayPal, I'm going to file to block payment, or dispute it, since I was under the impression that I was actually in a chat with a real person who was ready to work on it now. Instead all I'm getting are a load of popup windows trying to sell me on everything but what I came here for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this request and refund my money. I feel like I've been talking to myself. I've already resolved the issue myself. Do not do anything further on this matter except refund my money.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a real person, a customer of the web site just as you are.... except I am on the expert side, I handle about 5 questions an hour each takes a lot of research and typing, there are over 3,000 of us here. I and most others here are not able to respond instantly,

If you wish to continue just say so, but it will not be a two minute project, it will take me 30 minutes or longer to study your attachments,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks. I solved the issue myself, and tested it. The system is working perfect now. Please refund my money.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, good work on your end, I have put a refund request in for you.