Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My GE water heater is not heating. the pilot light is out. I

Customer Question

my GE water heater is not heating. the pilot light is out. I followed the instructions several time. No spark or flame and no hot water. what do ai do now. Any help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you can't get the pilot lit the thermocouple isn't the problem. You need to get it lit before the thermocouple does anything. If you don't have a spark then your only option for the rest of the weekend would be to light the pilot with a long match or grill lighter. You eventually need to replace the igniter but you won't be able to get parts until Monday.