Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a Quadrafire my Vernon, not the AE model, previously

Customer Question

Have a Quadrafire my Vernon, not the AE model, previously had a Castile so know how the fire should burn, there are a LOT of red embers blowing around the firebox and glass smokes up faster than normal. Suggestions as to what the problem is. It' almost like there is too much air flow to fire pot, don't know if that's possible, just my observation. I bought the stove used and needed to replace the fire pot and did major cleaning.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Is his a new unit? If not issue could be caused by firepot and or bower needing to be cleaned. If new, could be caused by poor quality pellet fuel, Have you used this brand of fuel without issues before?