Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at Advantage Repair
90277609

I have a trane AY28X105 and bought a new Honeywell RTH7600D

Customer Question

Customer: I have a trane AY28X105 and bought a new Honeywell RTH7600D heating is a furnace cooling is a heat pump. Just wondering how this is supposed to get wired
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The red and blue wire were both wired to the R post on the Trane where do they go on the honeywell. where does the white wire go? i assume the yellow wire goes on the Honeywell Y the green wire goes on the Honeywell G
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning, I am Kevin.

I think at this point you need to go back to the furnace and check the color coding at the furnace. A couple things I question, most heating systems have a furnace or a heat pump. they usually don't have both. This is very important since the heat pump requires more wires. But then it could have something to do with having 2 wires connected to the R post. You need a wire for W to bring on the heat, this is usually a white wire, but there is no "written code" for this color goes to this terminal. Again, if it is a furnace you can verify this, it will be connected to the W terminal at the furnace.

If you can, take a picture of the wiring you have at the thermostat, and the wiring at the furnace, along with the model numbers of both the indoor and outdoor unit. Use the paper clip to attach and we should be able to get you going.

Have a safe and happy holiday

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i turn heat on and set the thermostat up above the temp i hear a click but nothing happens. Same if i turn cool on and set the thermostat down. The wire with the blue wire nut on it comes from the heat pump outside.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I think I have your solution for you. To be sure, can you take a picture of the thermostat wires connected to the thermostat please?