Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a ***** ***** Model 350MAV048100 Propane furnace and

Customer Question

Customer: I have a ***** ***** Model 350MAV048100 Propane furnace and the burner is jnot coming on. I am receiving Code 31 on the red bllinking light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Worked up until this morning, the thermostat turns on, the fan comes on, the furnace does not ignite.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This indicates an open draft pressure switch. . The question is do you have a bad switch or a weak fan or a blocked exhaust vent. You can check the vent for blockages and also the vac tubing connected to the switch. Be sure the tubing is not kinked, deteriorated or doesn't have water in it. You can also poke a paper clip into the port where the tubing connects but not into the switch connection. If all of that checks out the next thing we would do is put a manometer on the exhaust to check the actual draft pressure but you aren't likely to have a manometer and they are expensive so replacing the switch is one other option since it's less money than a manometer (or a new draft fan) and it is a likely culprit. A picture of a typical draft switch is attached