airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a monnessen cfx32 nvu ventless fireplace,the pilot

Customer Question

I have a monnessen cfx32 nvu ventless fireplace,the pilot comes on,the fireplace lights but they both go out in a few seconds. We have replaced the pilot assembly,and the milivoltassembly. However the problem continues ,please advise. Thank You
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you have replaced complete pilot assembly and flame is touching both the thermocouple and pilot generator when pilot is lit.Either you do not have enough fresh air in room, gas pressure is low or you have a defective gas vale.

1.First step is to verify sufficient fresh air to appliance.

2.Check inlet and outlet pressure at valve using a manometer or gas pressure gauge that reads water column pressure.

3.Determine if pilot generator is keeping millivolts to valve after valve shuts down