Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a triangle tube boiler and have no hot water. Have

Customer Question

We have a triangle tube boiler and have no hot water. Have tried to reset and nothing working. We have a code of 0110 showing. Any advice?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Current code is 0106. We have reset with no success
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, look on the water heater wiring diagram for code read outs... meantime tell me the model number of the water heater and I will see if I can pull the manual on it.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Tell me please about how old the water heater is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a boiler and the model number is ***** and it is 2006
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did look at code read outs and this isn't on it....
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

A bad printed circuit card will output bogus error codes. I will be off line for a few minutes looking for the manual.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

ps9605 is not a typical triangle tube model number... it looks like might be from one of the sub-components. See if you can find the triangle tube name plate that lists the *serial number... I do not need the serial number, but that same name plate will have the model number on it, and that is what I need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok checking
Solo 110?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the serial number before. Can't find a name plate with model.... could be up against the wall where we can't access
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a solo 110 ..does that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we reset it ...it goes to A ....does an analysis and then goes to 0 88
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still with us:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like we lost our connection... we will try again when we get back from church......
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

http://www.triangletube.com/documents/1/Prestige%20%20110%20TriMax%20Manual%20020614.pdf

Tell me please if that looks like the right manual for your water heater or not.

Error codes begin on page 54, the ones showing on your unit are not listed.

http://screencast.com/t/jTaAroBMK

If you have high level electronics skills there is a good chance that we can resolve this issue here in the dialog box, if you do not have those skills do the tests I presented on the wiring diagram, let me know how it goes.

If none of this is in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a well rated Triangle tube water heater dealer for you.

We can go from there.