HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Amana furnace diagnostic light 4 blinks but limit switches

Customer Question

Customer: Amana furnace diagnostic light 4 blinks but limit switches check out .5 ohms. Air Filter o.k.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cod air continuous. Furnace doesn't come on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is an open limit code, you need to bypass each one to make sure all are good there should be 3 or 4 of them total. You can just remove the two wires to each of them and interlock them and try it. Either one of them is open or the wiring from them to the board is bad. If all are good and the wiring is good then the board could be bad. You are looking for these around the burner area. Also if you do discover one is bad check the filter and make sure it is clean as that or the main blower not running to speed could cause an overheating issue triggering one of the rollouts to open.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks