HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an old residential Trane model BLU108F936B1 that will

Customer Question
Customer: I have an old...
Customer: I have an old residential Trane model BLU108F936B1 that will ignite a spark to get the pilot flame. Then after a little while the gas ignites the much larger flame at the burner/chamber area. Then after a little while the blower / fan kicks on and heat can be heard going up into the vents and through the house. The problem however, is that it only stays on at this point for maybe a minute or so, then shuts off. It will keep starting, but it wont stay on long enough to heat the house, which is pretty cold at about 70 degrees and the wall thermostat set at 82 degrees. Sir what's happening here. Thanks!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The full description of the problem is stated Sir, as best I have observed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/20/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing to try is to connect the R & W terminals on the thermostat terminal strip (where the thermostat wires connect) at the furnace. If the heat stays on you have a thermostat or thermostat wiring problem.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer