HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I just installed a honeywell wifi thermostat and the heat

Customer Question
Hi there. I just...
Hi there. I just installed a honeywell wifi thermostat and the heat will not turn on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/20/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does the fan run when set to FAN ON at the thermostat? If not check the board fuse in the furnace on the board. If the fan does run check and make sure you have the correct wire to the "W" terminal on the thermostat that is the heat terminal. Lastly make sure the settings are selected correctly for you particular system in the setup menu on the thermostat. Let me know if you need more help and what system you have exactly.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi there. The fan comes on when I turn on the fan on the thermostat. However, The heat does not come on when I turn on the fan, and on auto, the heat does not come on at all even though it's 15 degrees cooler than my trigger temp. There was no wire labeled W on the old thermostat, but the wire that went toY also continued on to W ( wrapped around Y then went to W). I connected it to Y on the new thermostat. There is a white wire that was labeled O on the old thermostat and I put it into the W slot on the new thermostat because that's how it is marked (W at top and O at bottom). I do not have anything in the W slot on the new thermostat. You're welcome to call if you like. XXXXXXX
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

Hi i am dan. I can help you with this. So you have a heat pump correct? Does it also have electric heat back up?

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician