Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a Trane Model YCY048F1H0AA and the 2 stage gas valve is

Customer Question

Customer: Have a Trane Model YCY048F1H0AA and the 2 stage gas valve is not working when it gets cold. All other items are functioning. Purging fan, ignition, and first stage ignition. have been trying to find the correct part number for a replacement without any luck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tested all items for power and all are good. the unit had a new control board put in 2 years ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Next please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need. Amps check out fine for everything. I know it's the 2 stage gas valve that's not kicking in the 2nd stage..just need help with what the correct replacement part is for the gas valve.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, there is a brand name and model number tag on the valve, that is the best reference.. get me those numbers. I can look for a good deal on one for you.

However if you do not mind paying something closer to retail you can get a replacement at this link

http://www.furnacepartsource.com

All they need is the Trane model number you posted.

Let me know if you have any difficulty at all ordering the part We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to rate my work after you get all of the answers you came for. Its how I earn a living, rating does not close the question, or increase your charges, but is how I earn a living.

Thanks