HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My furnace stops burners when the turbine starts control

Customer Question
my furnace stops burners when...
my furnace stops burners when the turbine starts
control valve ok
pressure switch ok
flame sensor ok
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Are you getting an error code on control board?

i don't speak good englosh sorry
i get 3 red and 6 red blinkigs

OK the pressure switch is opening when it should stay closed

ok the pressure switch must ahow continuity qhen is close and no signal when open?

This can be caused by the following:

1.Blocked vent

2Cracked or loose hose between switch and inducer

3.Gasket on inducer leaking

4.Dirt or debris in hose or fittings between inducer and switch

5.Water in hose between the inducer and switch

6.Deteriorated blower in inducer

7. Defective pressure switch.

Switch has to be open for inducer to start, then inducer has to draw a vacuum on switch and keep the vacuum entire heating cycle,If vacuum is lost burners will not light or will shut down.

pressure switch woking good chequed with continuity and suctioning and blowing the inducer hose
hose clean and new, my furnace have the second winter season just
cant i aend you a video?

Remove hose from inducer.leave attached to switch. Allow inducer to start, suck on hose keeping a vacuum on switch and see if furnace will stay on.

You can attach a file using paperclip icon

the pressure switch is 24 hrs new, try the old one?

Board says pressure switch is opening.If you know for sure pressure switch is staying closed, may be bad connection or bad board not sensing it closed.Do you have a meter

multimetter? yes i have

Have you verified switch is staying closed when we get the error code and it shuts down?

let me try

Standing by

sorry by the time, when the code 3 red blinking is present the pressure awitch is closed and i taped two litle hole on the pressure switch and now hold the vaccum for 10 more seconds

So does board sill show the open pressure switch code with it closed?

the three blinking code stays with the pressure awitch circuit closed, but the burners atay 10 more aecs with the turbine working

Check the connection at the board.Unplug push wires into connector good and reconnect and see if it will stay on

reconecting and same thing

I am going to open to other experts who may have ideas,Sounds like maybe a failing board, but hate to condemn board without being onsite.

HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, I am a different tech and have run into this issue numerous times on that unit. You need a new board for sure and will be good to go!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

but my problem isn't solved yet how i rate you?

You just need a new board, after a rating you can get right back to me for any followup questions or a refund if needed without issue! Get the board and you will be good to go.

Merry Christmas

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH