HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a lopi gas stove. the pilot lights and burns good but

Customer Question
when I turnt he thermostat...
I have a lopi gas stove. the pilot lights and burns good but when I turnt he thermostat up I get a small flame about 1/2 way across the stove. I can not get the flame very high.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like either the orifice or burners need to be cleaned or you gas valve needs to be replaced. Either a clogged/dirty burner or orifice would block the flow of gas to the burners. So would a gas valve that isn't letting enough gas pressure through.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I agree that some thing is clogged but I can't see how to clean the orifice

You have to remove the burners to get to the orifice so you might as well clean the burner too. The procedure is in the manual and is recommended annually

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't find how to remove the burner. there is only 2 nuts on the base of the burner but it still will not come out of the unit.
there is not much room underneath to get a hand it to work on the unit.

Here's the manual. The procedure is on page 22

http://www.lopistoves.com/TravisDocs/100-01153.pdf

Removing the burner pan is in page 28

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I read the instructions on how to remove the burner but it will not slide to the left or right as it states in the instructions
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still there

I can't add anything to the instructions

Instructions say to slide t to the left (not right) then lift it out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't mind paying for your service but it did not help me out at all. the burner does not come out as it states it would.
I am not questioning your expertise but you did not help me at all here. I would like the $16.00 credited back to my account.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did slide it to the left and it would not come out. I tried sliding it to the right thinking maybe that it might come out but it does not slide either way

I told customer service you want a refund. I can't be there to show you how to get it out. All I can do is point you in the right direction.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I under stand where you are coming from but there must be a secret here some where as to how to remove it if it doesn't slide out. I appreciate your trying to help me out. thanks
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor