HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My name is ***** *****. I have a Rheem II gas furnace and

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a Rheem II gas furnace and it's not working. Checked the breakers. Took off both panels. Now see that none of the lights are on on the circuit board. Like it's totally dead.???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 10 year old Rheem II gas furnace. Has been working just fine. Just noticed house was getting cold. Went down to check on pilot light, so removed top panel. There were no instructions. Only an off/on switch. Took off bottom panel and saw lights on circuit board but none were lit. Went to box outside to see if breaker has been flipped. It had not but I went ahead and cycled it. Went back to furnace and lights on that circuit board are still not on. It seems to have been off for a while as its cool to the touch.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/16/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is a door switch on the blower service panel that you must hold in manually when looking for error codes on the printed circuit board.

Next please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer