Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Bart
, I have a P14 alarm that is reset and it comes

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Bart
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a P14 alarm that is reset and it comes again the pump was repaired already
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I am, but i have a question how can I have a receipt as this is for the company I work for and I will need them to reimburse me the money I spend for this support also how can I pay? can it be paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bart u there?
i got charged already
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, we have not seen Bart for a while, I can help you if you wish.

I need the brand and model number of the unit please.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have diagrams now i was on the phone with the technicians in the plant i have the brand model and serial number
Carrier
Model
30RBF07064-LO-5
Serial
4714Q81449
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me from there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alarm code is P14
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pump was repaired but still alarms for lo flow
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, it looks like an air cooled scroll chiller.

I can spend several hours locating the service manual on that, and if I am lucky I will locate the alarm code P14... or you can read it to me off the wiring diagram. So far it sounds like the chiller water flow switch is not tripping, due to a defective flow switch, or clogged chilled water line strainer.

It can also be several other issues, the model number you gave did not link to a wiring diagram for that unit, can you tell me about how old it is? and get me the photos I asked for as soon as possible.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the chiller is new was installed in march we'll try to find the sensor one more question your support is only valid for a day? (the payment i did on paypal of 471MXN
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I put no time limit on support.

You should be aware that chillers can be tricky business and if you make a few wrong adjustments you can damage the chilled water heat exchanger.

The chiller should be under warranty, tell me as much as you can about that aspect.

We can go from there in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good, I actually am not from maintenance but can learn I am more like general technical support for these guys my main role is plant project engineering but having the guys tomorrow in the morning I can certainly interact more with you and be able to get even more support tomorrow this device was installed in March, brand new
see you in the morning Phil, I am in CDT zone
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

That will work, tell me if anyone on your crew has done the Carrier factory one week training course on how to work on that chiller. That is a crucial aspect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of them Phil as far as I know, but I will confirm tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Phil, I have the manual now
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Great!

See if you can scan the diagram, and attach it here as a jpeg, using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your 'send' button.

Include a shot of the error code read outs that will help as well.

We can go from there.