HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a Veissman boiler. The pressure gauge is under

Customer Question
10psi, and the registers are...
We have a Veissman boiler. The pressure gauge is under 10psi, and the registers are not getting hot. We're thinking the system may need to be depressurized, but aren't sure we're on the right track or how to get the water in.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/13/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have an error code on the display?

No.

What happens when you cycle the power OFF then back ON?

When I turn it off,h e pressure goes up to 10. When I turn it back on, I can hear it turn on, the number (temp indicator?) goes up over 200, then the pressure falls back to 6 and the temp indicator steadily falls to 100, and it stops making any noise.
Actually, the temp indicator reads 128.

I have to step away for a while. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer. If no one has responded by the time I get back I'll pick up where we left off

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, first step will be to re-pressurize the boiler to 20 psig when the boiler is hot, next step will be to bleed air (in any) from the radiators.

I will be back in a minute after I locate the manual and a video on how to pressurize the boiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaJDmGY7V9s

Let me know if this is the boiler you have or not and if the copper fill loop is actually in place.

If you manage to get the pressure back up, next thing to do is bleed air from the radiators if that is what you have... if you have in-floor radiant heating loops, we will take a different approach.

Let me know if you need coaching on how to bleed air from the radiators and other high points in the system, air in the system prevents water flow, and will produce the symptoms that the system is exhibiting.

We can go from there without a time limit.

That's the boiler. I saw this video. We don't have the fill loop. That's why we asked here. I can't figure out how to fill to correct the pressure.

Thanks, ***** ***** what I needed to know.

You can use a USA standard garden hose connector on most of those units.

Tell me what connection is at "C" and attach a close up photo of it here using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or use the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

http://screencast.com/t/K2opdwmu8PFp

If you can include a photo taken from a low angle, looking up at the bottom of the boiler so that I can see how the plumber installed it, that will help as well.

We can go from there.

I will stay with you on this, without a time limit until you have the boiler repressurized.

The issue with the garden hose is that it would require a hose with female connectors on both ends. The attachment on the boiler is a regular spigot with a male end.

Hello again, there are various adapters that will give you two female ends, depends on what your local hardware store carries.

http://screencast.com/t/3RkTpbxOoZLo

Let me know if those directions make any sense on your end or not. Here they are again

http://screencast.com/t/K2opdwmu8PFp

We can go from here without a time limit.

ooops I forgot to make a link out of it

http://screencast.com/t/K2opdwmu8PFp

that should be a hyperlink, hopefully.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough, please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .If you still need help let me know!.

Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer