Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace is blowing hot air out the exhaust chimney but

Customer Question

My furnace is blowing hot air out the exhaust chimney but not into the house. The unit is a Lennox GCS16H-311-75-1P.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the main blower running and is the unit actually heating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the main blower is what I think it is, then yes, it is running--but it cuts off after a few minutes when it gets hot. The unit is heating.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok the main blower is the one that blows air through your house, it sounds like that may not be running then it would overheat fast and you would have no heat through your vents. You need to check the main blower. Often the blower capacitor can fail and cause that to happen.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the blower capacitor; no effect. I replaced the blower motor; I had weak hear for a few minutes, then nothing. Not even the outside vent is blowing warm air now. I'm no better than before.