Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Just installed new es26 boiler.pilot lights and igniter

Customer Question

just installed new es26 boiler.pilot lights and igniter keeps going for about 1 min but the burner does not fire up
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Your system is operating as it is designed to do, your pilot light will not stay lit if there is a problem...Most modern burners have 'spill valves' which are thermo-couples attached to the vent and the gas supply...In the event of a blocked chimney they cut the gas supply. Secondly, if you have an electronic damper, the gas supply will also be cut if the damper does not open due to a mechanical or electronic failure. You should address both concerns before attempting to relight. When you had the boiler replaced was a flue liner also installed or is it the existing?..........and last where the it starts to vent up from the burner it might be automatic or you might have a damper switch.......if you do see one try clicking that and see if perhaps the unit would stay on longer than the one minute

Thanks,

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
eddie i checked all the items that you spoke about.it seems that the pilot is not giving the controller the signal that the pilot is lit
or the controller is defective.i needed to know which wires on the gas valve needed to be tested when the pilot is lit to see if the controller is trying to open the valve
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

what kind of error message are you getting on the control?.........I don't know what kind of experience you have with all of this but to be honest I think you need to have a professional intercede now because you testing live wires .....gas might not be the appropriate mix........don't you have a service agreement in place yet?........and it seems that it wasn't installed too long ago it should still be under warranty......if you could please provide specific answers to any question by taking each one I pose including previous ones it would help

Thanks

eddie