HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Have Focus Pro 6000 digital thermostat, recently tried to

Customer Question

Have Focus Pro 6000 digital thermostat, recently tried to program temperature settings for various times of day mornings, sleep, away, etc. Thermostat did not seem to engage from AM to PM. Decided o cancel all settings and return to manual operation feature . Furnace was installed this September has 95 efficiency rating, the problem currently is that the inside reading rises only to temp of sixty four degrees and up arrow does not seem to allow for higher temperature reading of say sixty eight degrees. Also,the outside temperature has been above normal in the Northeast with daytime temperatures in the mid fifties, would that effect the inside reading on thermostat? Please advise, thank you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The outside should not affect the inside. This sounds like a bad thermostat that the sensors in it are out of range. I would advise to get a new thermostat. Get a Honeywell Vision Pro thermostat they are very nice.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks