HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Need to reset noritz nrc 111

Customer Question
need to reset noritz nrc 111
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/11/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

http://support.noritz.com/download.php?file=Literature%20Page/Installation%20Manual/NRC111DV%20IM.PDF&field=InstallationManual

That is the installation manual

----------------

http://support.noritz.com/download.php?file=Literature%20Page/Owners%20Guide/NRC111%20OG.pdf&field=OwnersGuide

This is the owners manual, both of them posted here for ongoing reference.

The chances that you can correct the problem by pressing a reset button are slim.. always there is a problem, causing the heater to go off that must be found and corrected.

Tell me a lot about your technical background so that I can address this problem with the heater more effectively.

Meantime tell me about how old the water heater is, and a bit about its history.

We can go from there.

Recently replaced neutralizer. Need to reset burner timing

Hello again,

The burners are not controlled by a timer, but by water flow through the heat exchanger, and temperature. Can you elaborate on what you mean by burner timing.?

There is also a time delay on the burner control circuit built in, it is non adjustable, it holds the burner off until after 15 or 30 seconds after the inducer fan starts and then until the combustion chamber pressure is verified, then the gas valve will run for a few seconds and go off if the flame is not proven by the flame sensor rod.

There are no time limits on this, we need to get on the same page first on what the unit is doing and what you are attempting to correct..

After replacing neutralizer, u need to reset burner timing. Don't tell me what I already have in the owners manual.
Water is now very hot. But need to reset burner timer or it will flash 93

Hello again, I have been around for 51 years in this business but have never once seen it written that burner timing needs to be reset, especially after replacing the neutralizer.

If you can show me in either of the two manuals I posted where it says that, I can definitely learn something... so far however it makes no sense at all to me, the water heater has no way of knowing that you changed or did not change the neutralizer.... however at age 74, and half a century fixing these things, I still learn something new every day.

http://screencast.com/t/DnLxpXrgHmnK

If your manual is different, and it could be for an older model, I would sure like to see it.

Meantime I am willing to spend as much time effort, at my own expense, to help you with this for as long as it takes.

Or I can opt out to other of our experts here... let me know, we can go from there.

Last time I was in a chaotic place. Sorry. In the box, w/neutralizer were instructions to reset control pad. It also stated that burner timing needed to b reset aswell.
I installed the heater 5 yrs ago. This is the 2nd neutralizer chg. And I descale it each time.
The tankless is working great, again. But I don't no why it's starts flashing 92 93, and the temp goes down. Can u help?

Hello again,

It is possible that your unit has an 'acidic effluent' sensor built into the condensate drain line, that is defective. Try turning power off to the water heater for 5 minutes, then turn it back on, and see if the error code remains or not.

Next please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

I will do all that. Thanks

I will be here, if I miss you tonight I will back first thing in the morning.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer