Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a CARRIER 25HBC324A300 AC, everything is running but

Customer Question

I have a CARRIER 25HBC324A300 AC, everything is running but the fan outside doesn't run. I hear the compressor working and i'm getting cold air but the fan is not spinning, any thoughts. Also the float device inside keeps filling with water and i have sucked out the water on the outside pvc pipe clean
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

A common cause for this is a bad run capacitor. Check the run capacitor and see if it looks deformed or possibly a wire burned off.