HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I replaced my lux gh voltage thermostat with a honey well gh

Customer Question
Customer: i replaced my lux...
Customer: i replaced my lux high voltage thermostat with a honey well high voltage 2 wire thermostat. the two wires coming out of the junction box were red and black. The two wires on the honeywell were both black. I capped and twisted both sets. It turned on for a day and now the thermostat wont turn on. Any ideas what happened?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: see above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/10/2015
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

What is model number of Honeywell thermostat. What is wattage of the heater. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer