HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My Honeywell chronotherm thermostat circa 80s seems to

Customer Question

My Honeywell chronotherm thermostat circa 80s seems to either be on or off without much regulatory control. Kids complain and shut it off too hot or complain too cold. Question: Manual clear tab on bottom with red green indicator...how do I use it and when? Only controls heat. Air is separate. Thank you!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Well it may be time for a new thermostat those old Chronotherms can get out of range. You may want to upgrade to a Honeywell Vision Pro unit.

Here is a video to help you though on yours

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Dave! A plus rating. Very helpful in understanding my system without having manual. Thanks for video link. Clock may need adjusting.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes no problem at all,

Just use the START rating system to rate me before leaving thanks!

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I meant the STAR rating system please to credit my service thanks!