HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an unused Vent-A-Hood #100, I am finally ready to

Customer Question
install...Why does this fan need...
I have an unused Vent-A-Hood #100, I am finally ready to install...Why does this fan need to be installed by your installer and why are all the wires quite small compared to the voltage wires of the house? Do the wires for the fan need a voltage reducing component so that the motor is not burned out by meeting 114volts directly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/9/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The wires are small because the motor does not take much current to run it. They are sized right. It is only a 1.5amp draw.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH