HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an A. O. hybrid water heater. I have an E37 error

Customer Question

I have an A. O. Smith hybrid water heater. I have an E37 error code after having maintenance on my well and changing the filter. What should I do at this point???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a NO WATER FLOW error.

The heater could not start

because the water flow was

not established. This can be

caused by an air bubble or a

blockage in the heat engine

water passage, a failed fl ow

sensor or a failed circulation

pump.

This sounds like a bunch of crud got into the filter screen to the unit and plugged up the intake line.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks