Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Need to find a Burner assembly for my Presidential II

Customer Question

Need to find a Burner assembly for my Coleman Presidential II furnace. Where can I find one?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael, I am Kevin one of the tech's here.

How old is the furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 34 years old. I came with my 1981 Colony Mobile Home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. It came with my 1981 Colony Mobile Home.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

ok, hopefully it has not been discontinued, but "Johnstone Supply" is a distributor of coleman, luxaire, york. all are about the same. May I ask why you are looking for the burner assembly? or are you looking for the heat exchanger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pilot light thermo tube went out this weekend. When I pulled the burner assembly out, I could tell that it was getting in rough shape. It was rusty and I had a good bit of rust scale come off of it when I changed the tube. I was able to get it working, but was wondering if a new assembly was available. The burner seems to be burning a little rich also. I could not adjust the flame mixture to a nice blue flame like it is supposed to be.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

this is precisely why I ask this question. The symptoms you are giving me is that you "MAY" have a "breach" in the heat exchanger. This may be putting CO ( Carbon Monoxide ) into the home. I very strongly suggest that you have this checked out immediately with a certified technician in your area, AND most importantly HAVE A "WORKING" CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR present at all times in the home, If you do not have a detector, either purchase one today, or DO NOT USE THE FURNACE. CO is oderless, cannot be detected without a meter, and you can die!

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael, just checking in with you to see how you made out with finding the information you were looking for. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. If you have your answer, please rate the service, so that I may close out the call and take other calls in need.

Thank you

Kevin Happy Holidays.