HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I contracted to have a complete Trane heating and

Customer Question
airconditioning system installed in my...
I contracted to have a complete Trane heating and airconditioning system installed in my home. The contractor installed an Ameristar furnace and a Trane air conditioning system. I questioned him about the Ameristar furnace and he said it was identical to the Trane and was priced less, so that he could give me a lower price. Is this an ethical practice among mechanical contractors?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
12/6/2015
HVAC Technician: Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic

Good Morning James.

If you have a contract with the contractor, I would certainly demand what you signed for on your contract.

Even though Ameristar is made by same MFR. it may have less features on it.

To answer your question, I NEVER put in a piece of equipment other than what I quote and contract for. Most of the time, I even put the model number of the equipment on the quote. I don't believe this is a common practice, but I have heard it done before.

Hi James,

Just following up to see how you made out. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. If you could please rate the service you have received, so that I may close out the call.

Thank You.

Kevin

Happy Holidays!

Kcrand36
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic