Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Wow. I didn't expect an actual HUMAN. I have a Trane XR13

Customer Question

wow. I didn't expect an actual HUMAN. I have a Trane XR13 split unit, about 8 yrs old. My fan bearings have been making a lot of noise for about a month, and I just noticed the inside unit was running,but the outside unit was humming,and the fan wasn't running.I also have ice built up solid on the top 6" of my coils, and over half way down on two sides.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I smacked the fan mount cover, and fan started running, but WAY excessive ice on coil
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Your fan motor is out. If it is making noise bearings are gone. Need to reply;ace. Ice is building up because of fan not running. You can reverse it to cool for about 30 minutes to rid the coil of ice. Until you replace motor you will have same problem. Russ

What tonnage is unit and I will try to find source for motor. Russ