Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an Osburn Propane stove with ceramic log set: pretty

Customer Question

I have an Osburn Propane stove with ceramic log set: pretty brass-enclosed glass front.
Can't get the pilot to light even with the Ceramic log set out, but I CAN SEE THE PIEZO SPARKER is sparking WHEN I DEPRESS the RED BUTTON & I AM HOLDING DOWN THE PILOT KNOB IN THE "PILOT ON" POSITION...THE ON-OFF VALVE ON THE PROPANE PIPING COMING INTO THE STOVE IS ALSO TURNED TO "OPEN".I smell no gas, but other propane appliances in the home are working fine, so I know I have propane in the systemWHAT COULD BE MY PROBLEM?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Try disconnecting the pilot tubing at the gas valve then push the knob down. Do you have gas at that connection? if you do then the pilot orifice is probably clogged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i clean the orifice? There is a small metal "Hood" or shield mounted over the orifice presumably to protect it.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need a picture of you pilot burner to tell you how to access the pilot orifice. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button