Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Rinnai EX22C propane heater which has turned off

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai EX22C propane heater which has turned off overnight and will not turn back on. No codes have appeared on the control panel since we have been up this morning. I fear that it has overheated, so I pulled the air filter out and cleaned that off and wiped the outside of the heater down with a cloth. Will the heater turn back on on its own now that the air filter has been cleared? Is there anything else that I can try or look for? I'm not sure how to visually inspect the flame; I cannot locate the circular window that the manual refers to.
Thank you!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

These will sometimes reset if you turn them off for 10 minutes then turn them back on... or if you unplug them for a few minutes. If that fails it it is going to take Rinnai service to arrive and do repairs.

If that turns out to be the case, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see if I can find a well rated Rinnai tech in your area.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response, I have tried unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in and it will not turn back on. I am renting this residence and should talk to my landlord prior to contacting a technician to come out... I just wasn't sure if there were other options that I could try.