Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox air handling unit CB30U Elite 12 ( installed

Customer Question

I have a Lennox air handling unit CB30U Elite 12 ( installed in 1996) that is just for AC but in the winter we run it to even out the heat from our in floor heat. I want to slow down the blower so it does not make so much noise and blow so much air. The Lennox instructions say to slow down the blower change the blower speed tap connection. It seemed apparent to move the yellow wire to a different tap number in the harness connector . I moved from 3 to 4 with no change in the speed when I turned it back on. How do you do that please?
Also, even though there are 6 taps the motor has only four flat metal sticking out to attach to. So with black on one, orange on 2 and yellow on 3 that must mean it is a 2 speed motor and I thought they were either 3 or 5 speed.
Can you please help me? Hope I was clear in my questions.
Thank you , Dean Flugstad Lake City , MN
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. I'd be glad to help you here. Can you upload a clear picture of the board and blower connections?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Also, I'll need a full model number. CB30 is only a partial.