HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Trane furnace starts interment in the morning. Inducer draft

Customer Question

Trane furnace starts interment in the morning. Inducer draft motor comes on. Gas valve comes on and and flame proves and then shuts off. Does this two to four times then runs normally the rest of day.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model TUX100C948D3 condensing furnace
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Check and clean off the flame sensor rod with some fine sand paper, that is likely causing this issue. That is the sensor with one wire going to it looks like a solid metal probe with porcelain insulator.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flame sensor was replaced.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Is the flame going out very fast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it takes a couple minutes
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK then this could be a different issue have you checked the thermostat connections and thermostat itself, sometimes that can cause a similar issue.