Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Nordyne furnace. It only runs - 3 minutes then

Customer Question

Customer: Tim. I have a Nordyne furnace. It only runs for 2 - 3 minutes then recycles off and then back on. I get 4 flashes which indicates ignition failure, but the glow plug lights up each time. It is after the flame is going that it cycles off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure how much more info I can give.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! What is the model number of your furnace? Also a picture of the burner compartment will be helpful to guide you in repairs. Right now your describing symptoms of a dirty flame sensor. I can direct you on how to clean this first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been at work all day and didn't see your response until now. Actually, I've solved the problem. Turns out the propane regulator froze up. When it get's below 32, there is very little propane going to the furnace. During the day, after the regulator thaws, everything runs fine. Turns out I don't believe the furnace is the problem.Thanks for getting back to me.

Great! That was the next step to check fuel pressure! Glad you got it fixed up.