HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Igniter glows ever time, pilot lights only once out of every

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, igniter glows ever time, pilot lights only once out of every five or eight tries? could pilot orfis be partly plugged?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Furnace is a Armstrong 80,000 mid, with a on -off switch smart valve
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, I can wait, Pilot is working, but not every time!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

YEs I would clean out the orifices as they often get plugged up causing that issue, if that does not correct it get back to me to go from there. Thanks HVAC GURU

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had the chance to clean pilot orfis yet, hope to get at it in the next two days!
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK sounds good!