HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

It's about my furnace not starting the flame
, it's

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****, and it's...
Customer: ***** *****, and it's about my furnace not starting the flame
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's WeatherMaker 8000 and I get the error code 21
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wair wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
11/30/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Most heating and air conditioning questions require some diagnosing of the specific situation.Very few are one line asnwers .To be professional and provide you with an accurate answer may require me gathering some details such as model number on units and specifics on the issue at hand.To tell you to replace a part or exactly what is wrong with your unit without knowing this information would not be doing you justice ,would be less than professional on my end and a guess at most.Please provide information I ask for so that I can provide accurate answers to your specific equipment and situation. First give me the complete model on furnace as the 8000is just a series.

It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

the model # ***** serial 1499A4528
when engaged, the inducer kicks in for some 10 sec .. then no flame and the code 21 which reads "GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will not auto-reset

OK. Now does the inducer stop or does it keep running? The 21 is a gas valve lockout.Do you get any other code prior to that?

i already know that much.
I need a procedure to troubleshoot the problem

Follow this guide. Once vent motor (inducer comes )on, it should stay running the entire heating cycle.The inducer comes on, igniter lights, burners light, then blower comes on and all run except igniter until thermostat is satisfied, Then burners go off and blower and inducer goes off in normal operation

that's not what's happening. What you're telling me is correct operation. My situation is "error code", which means incorrect operation. "Once vent motor (inducer comes )on, it should stay running the entire heating cycle.The inducer comes on, igniter lights" .. nothing happens and error code 21
how do I diagnose the gas valve?

Doyou have a volt meter to see if we are getting 24 volts to the gas valve?

The chart I sent shows what to do if it fails along the path I mentioned.

i have a VM. Which chart? I haven't received one. I would appreciate a pic of what i should test for 24v.

Here is the chart again, Let me know if you can open it.I will get you a pic of gas valve

there are three terminals going into the gas valve switch designation-wire color, C - green, Hi - brown, M - blue

You should get 24 volts between C and HI and between C and MP when igniter lights

It has been awhile since replied.Just wanted to let you know I am leaving office for the evening.Will check back in tomorrow. We can go from here

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer