HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Touch screen will not respond. put new batteries in still

Customer Question
nothing....
touch screen will not respond. put new batteries in still nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
11/29/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, try putting the batteries in backwards, attempt to program the thermostat that way, then replace the batteries in the proper positions. That has about a 20% chance of solving the problem.

If that fails replacing the thermostat will be necessary.

If you can give me the brand and model number of the thermostat and tell me what color wires go to which terminals on the thermostat or send me a photo of the thermostat wire connections I can advise you on how best to select a replacement.

We can go from there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer