Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.
Have you checked and cleaned off the flame sensor rod?
This should be an ignitor system not spark ignition is it?
Ok and you are not hearing it tic at all after the inducer comes on? IS anything flashing on the ignition board?
OK if it does not spark or make a sparking sounds and keeps recycling and maybe sparks once in awhile to light replace the ignition board..the board that has the large cable to the spark electrode to it. They go bad all the time.
We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks
Yes if it loses the flame sense. You can clean off the electrode rods and see f that makes a difference just follow that large cable right to it on the burner. Otherwise replace that board.
Can you upload a picture of what you are seeing?
Just use the paperclip attachment to upload photos right here.
Yes that is normal, you would want to replace the GRAY ignition control box and clean off the electrode and rod with some fine sand paper and then try it.
Does the unit spark or try to light every time
So it keeps recycling right?
Ok check for power across the 24 volt terminals on the gray board...if you are getting 24 volts there when it cycles the unit should be sparking. If you have power there and no sparking replace that board.
You should get 24 volts form the main board when it is cycling or the inducer fan is running...if not the main board may be bad or you possibly could have an issue with a pressure switch or something else causing it. Are there no flashing lights on the main board either?
Well if that is good and the inducer comes on the board is bad and not sending the 24 volts to the spark module, that is the main board which does go bad and can explain the other issue of losing the flame as well.
If you apply 24 volts to that board yes it should spark
You would have to connect 24 volt hot and common to the board from the transformer or board wiring.