Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My mobile home furnace is blowing cold air. Pilot on but no

Customer Question

My Coleman mobile home furnace is blowing cold air. Pilot on but no burners on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of thetool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Traci. Please call!
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Also, test your multi meter in a 120v wall plug to make sure the meter works... if the meter does not work properly then the 0 voltage tests at the gas valve and transformer are not good tests.

So make sure the meter works and is set properly, then do the voltage tests on the gas valve and transformer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still no burner action. Just pilot and blower on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo of box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this help?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that helps

http://screencast.com/t/KqxQkxLv5c

If you appreciate my input so far, rate my work positively... we can go from there. The company only pays me if you rate positively,lacking that I can spend days with a customer at myown expense,without any compensation. Rating does not increase your charges or close the question and it allows you unlimited follow up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a bad transformer. Thanx!
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Good work. On such an old furnace you should have two carbon monoxide detectors in the home, the heat exchangers get cracked sometimes at that age, carbon monoxide can ruin your health or worse.

If you appreciate my input so far, rate my work positively... we can go from there. The company only pays me if you rate positively,lacking that I can spend days with a customer at my own expense,without any compensation. Rating does not increase your charges or close the question and it allows you unlimited follow up.