airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Thermostat is aet at 72. Furnace struggles to get it up to

Customer Question

Thermostat is aet at 72. Furnace struggles to get it up to 66 or 68. Furnace turns on and off every 3 or 4 minutes.
Westinghouse model FG6RK 096C-16B. Installed 2006.
We are new owners... just moved in a couple weeks ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If furnace is turning on and off, there may be a control board in blower compartment with a light that flashes a certain number of blinks to tell us where to start .Can you check this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know and we will go from here. Here is the flash code chart. The number of blinks between pausing will let us know where to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having a prob getting in there... But I just noticed for the first time. When the furnace goes on, the flame lights up for about 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts off, but the furnace keeps running for about 3 minutes.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Lets start by looking in front of burners for a flam senser rod and clean it.

http://i.imgur.com/pUO5kgO.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Y'know. I am not at all good at these things. You have confirmed for me that I need a repair guy.. a pro. That's worth 5 bucks. Thank you... and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for allowing me to work with you.Just let me know if you need further .I am happy to guide you.